Sunday, December 21, 2008

Officially Stranded...

So...our flight was supposed to leave at 9 AM today...it was "delayed" until 10...then at 10 said 2, then at 1:30, canceled. By then, Will and Isaiah had flown to Salt Lake...they had a different flight than mom and I. They made it to Salt Lake but the Portland flight was canceled. Of course, we didn't find out our flights were canceled until we had been at the airport for hours - a 5 AM start.

It was a long, arduous day with many tears and lots of frustration. Here is where it stands:

Will and Isaiah landed in Seattle at 10 pm. Our dear friend Angie braved ice and treacherous conditions to pick them up and take them to her house. Mom and I are still in Orange County with the Rileys...thank GOODNESS they had an extra room where they were staying. The next available open seats on a plane to Portland are on Christmas Day so...we have booked a flight to Seattle Tuesday morning. Not really sure what's going to happen then. Wayne may be coming to pick us up in Seattle.

We weren't sure we would be together for Christmas for a while today! I feel a little better now knowing my boys are in Seattle but boy oh boy, was it a long day. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself until I saw a mother with a toddler stranded with no place to go and a young soldier in his uniform sleeping on the floor of the airport. I am grateful for my friends and family and the resources to which I have access.

Hug your babies and spouses and friends!

Mom is snoring next to me in our double bed. Ahhh...just like Disneyland.

No comments: