Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 1 – Are we really in California??!!

Um...remember that thing I said about 60-degree weather...YEAH:

Seriously? It’s like a hurricane here – the howling wind, driving rain and 40 degree temperatures. It’s miserable BUT kind of fun to see people from all walks of life attempt to stick it out for the kids, a dad wearing a princess poncho and a mom breastfeeding under a dripping overhang. Chinese, French and German tourists looking around amazed at the spectacle…no, not of the spectacle of Disneyland or Mickey Mouse…gale force winds and a drenching downpour….at the wettest , I mean happiest, place on earth….



We had lunch, then did Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and the boys did Splash Mountain...we shopped a little but it didn't take long to realize we were beaten...so we bailed.



Also, I’m cranky because my feet are frost bitten, my shoes MAY be ruined and my head is drenched. Mom, bless her heart, kept up even with her damaged toe. She looked like an adorable little elf struggling along in her puffy white jacket. Lol. Also, we forgot the adapter for getting the pics off her camera…OY GEVAULT. Here’s ONE pic, taken with my camera phone.



We are huddled up in our room watching the palm trees sway in the storm...



...mom, Isaiah and I are huddled in one bed trying to warm up. Ahhh...this is the life. :)

I hear it's snowing in Portland...everyone stay safe and warm!

1 comment:

Eydie said...

Oh my goodness. Ninja Will...:-)