Sunday, December 16, 2007

Disneyland Day 1 - On the way to Happy...

We are on our way! On our drive to the airport, Isaiah was having pains in his leg, which he attributed to the fact that he was officially 7 years old and that he was growing. In the car…growing as we drove to the airport. It could happen. We are all very excited…Isaiah wore his gold Mickey ears and his Disney birthday badge from 2 years ago to the airport. I wore my green Tink shirt with the sparkles (what?) and mom keeps squealing, “I’m so excited!!”.

Will is not squealing…as far as you know. :)

We managed through the airport with very few issues but I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t take a moment to reflect on the staggering brilliance of humanity so here we go. You’d think I’d be used to it and still I’m amazed by people who leave an entire bottle of coke in their carry on…send it right through the X-Ray machine and then are incredulous when they get pulled out of line and lose their soda. Really?? You didn’t see the 15 signs on the way through the security line maze? Do you need someone to walk up to you, hold up a sign, read it to you in 12 languages, upload it to your MP3 player, slap you across the face with a pamphlet AND take it out for you? I’m exaggerating obviously….that pamphlet thing was ridiculous. And also, who leaves a backpack, unattended underneath the Arrivals/Departures display boards in the middle of the airport? Some douchenheimer in a poncho, that’s who.

K, I’m done now.

So, we ate 6:30 AM airport breakfast…the sausage tasted, as mom so delicately put it, “funky…like it’s turned”. I think that means it tasted like rot. Yum. I’m the only one who didn’t eat any of that so, we’ll see if our first few hours at Disneyland are spent close to the bathroom. I’ll keep you posted…aren’t you excited to hear the outcome of that?

It is 8:45 and we land around 10. We’re taking a shuttle to the hotel, checking bags in and heading straight to the park. I’ll post the results of our first few hours in the park when I have a chance. Disneyland makes me happy and cheesy and silly…unlike the rest of the time when I’m serious and extremely mature. NO laughing.

No comments: