Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mexico Trip - Dia Quattro e Cinco

Yesterday and today bear a striking resemblance. Why?
Because we discovered something wonderful. Interested?
Keep reading:

So, the resort where we are staying is called the Moon Palace. There are two sides to the resort.
The Sunrise side is the party side…that’s our side. Go figure.
The other side is called Nizuc and it is the quieter, more mature, newlywed side. All of our pool time has been at Sunrise thus far so we decided to venture over and check out life on “the other side”.

I have to say…I like how the other half lives.

The pool area at Nizuc is similar to Sunrise. Smaller, but with the same ammenities:
Swim up bar
Waitstaff aplenty anticipating your every whim
Hair braiding (we'll discuss that later),
Poolside massage and our favorite...
Awesome lounge chairs that sit in the water on this little ledge so just a bit of you is wet but it cools and soothes in the 90 degree heat.

The difference at Nizuc is the quiet. It's peaceful. Less tourists and kids, more couples and old people. That's why we love it. Quiet seclusion. It's the name of our favorite game.

We sat for about 3 hours in near silence. I say “near” as “Jimmy the Entertainer” was at the far end of the pool area Emc'ing a trivia show with the livelier guests. All I could hear was:

“Where…was the bicycle invented?”
“Africa?”
“Um…nooooo…not Africa.”
“Anyone else? You sir…China…good guess but nooooo.”

Jimmy was only midly amusing... lucky for him I had my iPod filled with inspiring tunes about God's creation and majesty helping me truly focus on what's important and relevant in my life.

*crickets*

Ok, ok...confession time:
You know what soundtrack goes well with Mexican heat and pina coladas (besides the obvious "mexican music")? Don't hate me...

Justin Timberlake

I know, horrible...right? Well, guess what? I'm on vacation! So, it's Justin, India Arie, James Taylor, and a special mix called "A Cure for What Ails You". That's what I'm listening to.

When I go to the meditation garden, I promise I'll take my worship music and ponder. :) Stop laughing, my mom might hear you!

Blogspot appears to be having issues uploading photos right now so this will be a "read-only" blog. As soon as it starts working again, I'll post a whole bunch of pics of our past two days in lazytown!

We miss all of you and will see you soon...

No comments: