Friends! Whew! Yesterday was mostly travel. Not much to report. We had much fun people watching on the plane/in the airport. We got to the hotel around 9 PM, finally sat down for a late dinner around 10 PM and crashed out of sheer exhaustion. There was an awesome show in the lobby complete with real motorcycles and dance moves from the 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. It was hilarious and lively. We ate at a wonderful ocean-side dinner complete with waves crashing and sea winds blowing.
I woke up embarrassingly late this morning. Will had already done like 10 things including getting coffee, booking tee times, reading the news, working. It was impressive. My ability to sleep through all of it was equally impressive, I'd say.
We met up with Joely and Thatcher in the late morning, staked out beach chairs and plunged into the bath-water-temp pool...and stayed there...for hours. We had a great waiter named Frankie who kept us drinking and laughing to our hearts content.
The evening is about to begin with a trip to the VIP Club bar and then dinner at a tapas restaurant. So far, I'm relaxed, enjoying the time and just - - not thinking about much. That's a major change from my last 6 months so, I'm really trying to enjoy it! You'll notice a severe lack of pictures...my phone doesn't work internationally and Will has been slow in sharing pics with me but, you will see them soon dear readers!
In the meantime, please enjoy this list of proposed band names based on our people watching thus far:
Meathead Parade
Tiny Euro Backpack
Shrink-wrapped Backpack
Black Hat Blather
Tiny Bright Blue Speedo
Drunk Old Guy
Hot Steam Burns
Silver Chest Hair
I'm sure there will be more. Adios!
1 comment:
I vote Silver Chest Hair
Post a Comment