Sunday, December 18, 2011

Last Day: A Review

Well, dear readers...we have, again, wrapped up our yearly pilgrimage.  This year was so special.  A double celebration of Isaiah's 11th birthday and Jessica's successful completion of cancer treatment.  We felt blessed (just about) every moment we were there.  Healthy kids, healthy parents, love and a big bunch of fun!

Having his two cousin-brothers there changed the experience for Isaiah in such a great way...he loved having that constant kid-connection throughout the week.  I really appreciated having Jess there documenting with pictures and encouraging the boys to document in their journals.  She's so amazing!  Will maintained such a great attitude and showed immense patience through all of the chaos.  He really loved being with family.  In the last year, the Steinbergs have grown even closer and showed what "family" really means.  I'm proud to be one!

And now, as promised, we'll reveal the stories behind our mystery list:

"Did I take Advil?"-let's just say that there are remnants of chemo-brain and Jess had trouble remembering when she had/had not taken Advil, where her phone might be and various other funny moments.

"Do you think this ride will make my wig fly off?"
- I'll assume this one is fairly self-explanatory.  Jess has kept such a sense of humor about her follicular challenges...it's funny and inspiring.
 
"Splash Mountain"- the "Jess did it" t-shirts met with all kinds of awesome questions and reactions.  At one point, we were getting on a ride and the cast member running the ride asked, "What did Jess do?" which  Jess heard as "What did you JUST do?" so she proudly states, "Splash Mountain!".  At about the same moment I said, "This is Jess!  She just finished cancer treatment."  The poor guy looked so confused.

"Disneyland is not conducive to battling." - the boys wanted to bring their new pirate swords into the park. In trying to explain why that might not work out, I uttered the above. 

"Who has decision rights?" a.k.a "Decision rights...."
- every time the kids wanted to "debate" napping or our next move, Will would say "Decision rights..." and the kids would button it.  He said it a lot. 

"You are addicted to the concierge level!"- Nate's admonishment to his mom after so many trips up for tea, snacks, appetizers, "crustables" and coffee.  She's even threatened to have a concierge level installed at their house.

"5-minute wait, BAM!"- You get it...a 5 minute wait rules.

"Stupid or awesome?" - Of all our trip quotables, Jess felt that it was heavy on the "Jessica's blond wig quotes".  She said, "Why are all of my quotes stupid?".  I fired back, "Stupid or awesome?".  BAM


and...last but not least...


Pete - "I have to go potty..." Will - "Seriously?!" - A regular refrain every 30ish minutes.  Love you, Petey Pete!!

I will post an album of pics soon.  Thanks readers - until Hawaii in May!  J

1 comment:

Christi said...

Love these quotes. They make me miss you.